too cool to live, too cute to die
amy. 26. florida.
One of Beyoncé’s models for her VMA Vanguard Award performance tells a story about how Beyoncé comforted her before the show began. So sweet!
GO WATCH THIS SHOW, HONESTLY IT IS SO AMAZING.
IF THIS POST CREATES 1 NEW PUSHING DAISIES FAN MY LIFE = MADE.
Alright let me help out then:
1) Most of the cast is female. In fact only two main characters are male.
2) Both male characters take typically non-masculine hobbies. Emerson Cod knits almost non-stop and makes pop-up books. Ned is literally called “The Pie-Maker” because he bakes homestyle pies from his mother’s method. Both are shown to be very nurturing and even maternal characters. Conversely, the women? A pair of professional travelling show performers that have gritty sexual scandals the way men usually get (see the entire “Chuck’s father” storylines), a beekeeper who is the single most positive and optimistic character imaginable, and a former professional jockey- Three of four pro athletes.
3) You could very easily make the claim Ned is asexual.
4) Yes, the storyline is about romance. But it’s also about the positive side of a love story, and their only drama lies in overcoming their inability to actually share contact.
5) A very good friend of mine recommended this show to me as “Disney for adults.” I told her it was already on my list to watch because “It’s by Bryan Fuller, from Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.” Bryan Fuller is now most known for “Hannibal.” The same camera methods and bright colours and lighting techniques Hannibal is known for? Perfected in this show, just using a different tone- The same colour methods in reverse, upping the vivid greens and yellows instead of reds and blues, which sells emotion both ways.
7) Probably one of the best examples of a modern day fairy tale possible.
8) Narrated by Jim Dale- The narrator for the HP audio books.
I don’t know if anyone’s already added links to this, but all of these here work and if you hover over the links, an episode description shows :)
May I just say, before I saw this gifset explaining the show, I just thought that PD was about a really adorable germ-a-phobe.
Pushing Daisies is one of my all time favourite shows. Gutted it only had two season but those two seasons are PHENOMENAL!Reblogging cause I wanna watch :3
All the Water signs, Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces, are sleepy in some respect, exhausted, fluid overloaded and breathing underwater. This is saturation, drenching in celestial liquid, the nourishment of god and the sea of collective soul seasons. And really they are romantic in the sense they need an anchor to steady their rocking dreamboat to sleep. The rising and falling of a chest beside them is a Water sign lullaby, and they turn their torrential emotions into ravishing artwork, poetry and melody. Water individuals have a leaky etheric body, and unconsciously soak up any frequency in circulation. They frequently withdraw into solitude and sleep for days in sheer exhaustion. The rush, flux, noise and suffering of the world creeps under their skin and floods their bodies with an inexplicable heaviness.